As promised in my precious blogs, I will be having a three-day intensive water gilding workshop, with ten students maximum.
The workshops are designed to teach the basics of water gilding with 22 karat gold leaf on wooden board, prepared with gesso and bole and using the ancient techniques as employed since the Middle Ages in Europe.
FOLLOWING ARE THE DETAILS OF THE WORKSHOP:
$480.00 for new students and $360.00 for previous students (25% off).
Paid prior to starting.
7151 Golden Street
Burnaby V5A 1N3 B.C.
WORKSHOP DATES TIMES:
10th - 17th - 24th of May, 2014
From 10:00 am to 4:00 am with a break for lunch and periodic coffee , tea and cookie breaks throughout the day. (Please bring your own lunch)
WHAT THE WORKSHOP COVERS:
- the making and application of gesso.
- the making and application of bole.
- the application of the gold leaf.
- the burnishing of the gold leaf.
- polichroming, embossing, and embroidering.
- tooling and other decoratives methods.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE WORKSHOP:
- course notes with recipes and tips
- rabbit skin glue
- a piece of wood
- a board prepared with gesso.
- a book of 22 Kt. gold leaf.
- others various minor materials such as sandpaper, brushes, shellac, etc.
- a comprehensive DVD of the entire workshop showing all the steps and techniques.
WHAT SUPPLIES AND TOOLS ARE SUPPPLIED BUT NOT INCLUDED:
These following materials and tools are also needed for the course and if the student does not currently have them, they will be supplied during the course for the students use, and the student may purchase them to keep for future use at an additional cost of $185.00
- materials to make a gilder's pad.
- a gilder's knife.
- an agate stone burnisher.
- a gilder's tip.
- 2 feather brushers
- a large pure bristle stencil brush
The student, when finished, will have a thorough beginners understanding of water gilding, and will leave with a finished piece, that they have water gilded and burnished with a design that incorporates many design techniques such as embroidering, embossing, relief work, and painting overlay.
Please confirm your attendance by email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to guarantee a place, as the workshop is limited to 10 students only.