This week I am really focused on my English, I will have my test on Monday and Tuesday and after that I will have more time to prepare my blog.
But I have time to plan my Christmas time. I will spend it with my family in Madrid. I am looking forward to being there and going to many places. There will be many interesting things to see in Madrid this Christmas.
Christmas in Madrid is very majical, and below I have listed some of the things we will do when we are there:
- "The Hermitage in the Prado", (www.museodelprado.es) an exhibition of 120 works that together reveal the enormous variety and splendour of the collections housed in the Russian museum.
- The city Council organises exhibitions of Nativity scenes. Nativities selected for their artistic value, of diverse backgrounds and different styles, baroque, monumental, Neapolitan, some with the most modern technologies, through the streets and squares of Madrid.
- "Cirque du Soleil". The canadian troupe with their show "Zarkana".
-"Christmas lights of Madrid". Madrid filled with Christmas lights.
- Many Christmas markets in Madrid from November 27 to December 31.
- Christmas shows and concerts including Christmas music in a modern and traditional music from coral to flamenco or jazz, not forgetting the classic Marimorena bagpipes.
- and of course the famous parade celebrating the 3 Kings (3 Wisemen in Canada), on January 5th.
- and more.......
Hello and Happy Sunday!,
Gilding is an art that has come down to us through the centuries. The technique, tools and materials used today are the same as those used in the middle ages, with very little variation.
The gold leaf was used in history as ornamentation, paintng and decoration. For instance in ancient Egypt it was not only used for religious purposes in temples, it was also used for furnature.
As with everything, practice makes perfect, and learning to gild takes time, patience and lots of practice.
I am truly lucky in what I do, I really love to gild, work on restorations and painting.
To have a blog is a great idea because I can improve my English and meet very interesting people.
A new freind Stephanie told me she likes Art Deco / Art Nouveau style. My first exhibition in Madrid, 1991, was about this time, in Ana's Art there are some paintings from that exhibition "Blanco y Negro".
Today I focused on my English classes. I must work on writing to prepare for my test for level 6.
On the other hand, I found 3 Art books in the paper reclycling container.
- "Michelangelo. Paintings-Sculptures-Architecture". 1962
- "Renaissance & Barroque Art", 1981. Belongs to Vancouver Island Regional Library. I would like to return it.
- and my favorite, "The World of Carl Larsson".
I love Art books, just like my father, I have a lot in Madrid and I wish to bring them here gradually.
I want to thank my friends Patricia and Theresa for the spelling corrections of my website. It was very helpful and I appreciate it very much.
Today I would like to show some of my embossing tools, these have metal tips and can be of many different shapes (square, circular, star,....) and sizes. These embossing tools when tapped with a hammer produce shiny interesting effects .
The little box and some embossing tools are very old and are like treasures for me.
First I want to thank you for visiting the webside.
Today I was working on a small project, the icon of an angel, I like to paint angels. I have finished the basic gilding and have drawn the lines in preperation for the tooling of the clothing and angel's wings.
Hello, this is my first entry on my blog.
I was happy to see the first person to fill in a form on my website was my sister Maria Jesus in Madrid. I love you very much and thank you for the wonderful message.
Today I comfirmed with Patricia Ballard, a past gilding student of mine, that I could help her with a small commision this December 5th and 6th. We will be attaching a large painting that has arrived from the USA. We will be attaching it to a wall in the new Roman Catholic Church, Our Lady of The Assumption, in Coquitlam.